If you’re reading this, you have survived 2020 and are now living in the future.
In Japanese, the new year’s greeting is literally, “Congratulations on opening the New Year,” i.e. “Hey, we didn’t die yet!” Grim bastards. This year, however, it makes perfect sense.
I’ve had more problems this year than I’ve whinged about on these pages out of respect for my readers and those doing it much tougher than me. However, we must have faith that tomorrow will be better than today. Gambare!
To start us off on a positive note, here are the most popular Dark Side links from 2020 in case you missed them:
1. The number one site youse clicked on was Unz. I have decided not to include the top article. Instead, the second most popular one is from Steve Sailer and discusses our new Tiger Children overlords.
Unz is hit-and-miss. They have wacky conspiracies over there but the blogs by Steve, Anatoly Karlin and Audacious Epigone are worth your while. Have a glance at the main page from time to time to see if there’s something interesting.
2. This one is a surprise. The next biggest link is Wiki and the top article is about this poem by Kipling.
3. Next up is Twitter and the top tweet clicked is about that same kid in Steve’s Unz article and how he hides how rich he is.
4. On Pushing Rubber Downhill, the top click was to Adam’s review of my book and the second top was to one of his link posts, so I’ll instead mention here the third top click about the scary side of Jimmy Conner.
5. Next from Japan Today, many people could not resist checking out the story about the people exploring an abandoned love hotel only to discover a dead body.
6. On YouTube, people were curious to discover how China can corrupt the foreigners living there. Can’t vouch for the veracity of the story but I can confirm that six years in Japan did weird things to my sense of morality.
7. On Tokyo Reporter, everyone wanted to know how coronavirus is impacting the AV industry.
8. At TakiMag, police are refusing to investigate or arrest a known thief in Berkeley, CA because you-know-why.
9. The top post from Delicious Tacos was this one about a tough job.
10. At Zman, the need for peaceful separation. I recall the comments here to be good, too.
Henceforth I’ll pick out some popular articles in no strict order:
Captain Capitalism: it’s illegal to pass shit tests.
BBC: France’s most tattooed man told not to teach kindergarten. If you haven’t seen the photo then I suggest you go have a look.
Middle American Literature: never giving up on achieving a working penis.
Rob Says girls never get their comeuppance.
Gunner Q: masks among friends make everything horrible.
The alpha widow syndrome.
A pretty train wreck (pictured:)
English-language posts at Luisman.
Counting the cost of Covid hysteria. I like that word, ‘hysteria’.
And in case you missed it, to understand these WEIRD people I keep talking about, you must understand the Hajnal Line.
That’s it. Now let’s party like it’s 2021.
Also available on many other platforms.